This policy covers Winchester Resident Magazine Limited’s use of personal information that is collected when you visit www.danmayes.co.uk.
From time to time, you may be asked to submit personal information about yourself (e.g. name and email address) in order to receive or use services on our website.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable Winchester Resident Magazine Limited and its service providers to provide you with the services you select. Whenever you provide such personal information, we will treat that information in accordance with this policy. When using your personal information Winchester Resident Magazine Limited will act in accordance with current legislation and aim to meet current Internet best practice.
Use and storage of your personal information
In general, any information you provide to us will only be used within Winchester Resident Magazine Limited. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
You have the right to request that we delete your personal information from our records at any time.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a website’s computer and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a web site to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
First-party cookies (cookies set by us)
These are cookies set by our web domain known as ‘first-party’ cookies. Some are necessary to the functionality of the site, others provide information to us that we analyse to monitor and improve the site. These first-party cookies do not store or collect any personal information or anything that make you personally identifiable to us. Typically, the cookies generate a random, unique number to store information about a user.
Google Analytics cookies: _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmv, _utmd,_utmz
- Data stored by cookies:
- _utma stores each user’s number of visits, time of the first visit, the previous visit and the current visit
- _utmb and _utmc checks how long a visitor stays on the site: when a visit starts and ends
- _utmz tracks where a visitor came from (search engine, search keyword, link)
- _utmv and _utmd track visitor journeys through the site and classifies them into groups
- Duration of cookies:
- _utma expires two years after your last visit to this site
- _utmb expires 30 minutes after your visit, or after 30 minutes of inactivity
- _utmc expires at the end of a session (when you close your browser)
- _utmz expires six months after it was last set
- _utmv (not set) expires immediately
- _utmd (not set) expires immediately
- Purpose: to store the user’s session ID to allow the site to recognise your movement around the site as being from one computer
- Data stored by cookie: information about the session
- Duration of cookie:expires at the end of the session (when you close your browser)
How to control and delete cookies
Alternatively, you may wish to visit the About Cookies website, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your machine as well as more general information about cookies.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may have an impact upon the functionality of our website.
If you wish to view your cookie code, just click on a cookie to open it. You’ll see a short string of text and numbers. The numbers are your identification card, which can only be seen by the server that gave you the cookie.
For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual. To opt-out of third-parties collecting any data regarding your interaction on our website, please refer to their websites for further information.
If you have any questions regarding this, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org